The Partnach Gorge in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
The moment when you enter the Partnach Gorge and you find yourself surrounded by massive rock faces hardly compares to anything else. You hear the water rushing through the gorge beneath you. Wild and boisterous. One can only imagine the enormous amounts of water that have hollowed out the mountain over the centuries. While strolling past the impressive rock faces, you’ll be amazed at all the new and breathtaking perspectives that await you along the trail.
- Upon arrival, please show your online ticket directly at the turnstile barrier.
There the QR code will be scanned and allows you a smooth and fast access to the gorge.
- In the alpine terrain there is no wifi and no cell phone reception possible, please load your ticket on your cell phone!
- Please have a look at our user rules before your visit. You can find them here.
- Unfortunately there is no possibility to get through the Partnachklamm with a rollator.
- The passage of baby carriages, buggies, etc. is prohibited!
- Drone recordings are prohibited!
FEEL THE MAGIC IN A UNIQUE NATURAL SETTING!
The process that creates gorges is equally as impressive as experiencing them first-hand. Several million years ago, meltwater and debris hollowed out the rock leaving a narrow gorge – the Partnach Gorge in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
In 1912, the gorge was declared a natural landmark, but it hasn’t always been as tame and approachable as it is today. Once upon a time, visitors trying to walk through the gorge risked their lives, whilst nowadays there are two safe trails to choose from. Let the wild waterfalls, rapids and tranquil water basins enchant you!