Travel & Parking Directions
Quick and simple ways to the gorge
Arrival from the North
- Coming from the North, you take the Bundesautobahn (Federal motorway) A95 up to the end of the motorway. Then follow the B2 to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and direction Mittenwald. Shortly before leaving Garmisch-Partenkirchen follow the signposts for Skistadion up to the large parking place. Here you can leave your car.
- If arriving by the A7, drive to the end of the motorway. This automatically leads you onto the Fernpassstraße B179. Then take the exit B187 in the direction Garmisch/Ehrwald/Lermoos. On the B23 you finally reach Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Keep in direction Mittenwald up to the Skistadion.
- From the A8 to Augsburg, the B17 leads via Landsberg am Lech onto the B23. On to the B2, continue in the direction of Mittenwald. Shortly before leaving Garmisch-Partenkirchen, keep to the right, direction Skistadion.
Arrival from the South
- Coming from the South, your best route to Garmisch-Partenkirchen is via the E533 and finally on the Bundesstraße B2. (Mittenwald – Klais – Kaltenbrunn – Garmisch-Partenkirchen). Immediately after entering the town turn to the left for the Skistadion. There you can park your car.
- A further possibility for getting to Garmisch-Partenkirchen is via the Inntal Motorway A12.
You are already a guest in Garmisch-Partenkirchen? Then start your visit of the Partnach Gorge now in town, on foot or with a bicycle. Beautiful hiking and cycling routes to the Skistadion are available alongside the railway line Grainau – Garmisch as well as from the station via the Partnachuferweg. From the Ludwigstraße too, after crossing the Mittenwalderstraße, you can walk, keeping always straight, via the Stiefelfeldfussweg on to the Skistadion. Allow on foot approximately 25 – 30 minutes. More comfortable is a drive with the horse-drawn carriage from the Skistadion to the Gorge.
Please, use your bicycle on the cycling routes. At the ticket booth of the Gorge you find a parking place for bicycles.
The Skistadion can be reached from the station with the local bus lines 1 and 2. From there you continue on foot on a level street for approximately 25 minutes or with the horse-drawn carriage into the Wildenau for the Gorge entrance.
TIP: The bus ride is by the way free of charge with the Zuspitz Arena Bayern-Tirol Card!
You can find the exact bus timetable here. (in German)
YOUr way to Partnach gorge in garmisch-Partenkirchen
For your navigation system use the following address: Karl und Martin Neuner-Platz – from there you continue, on foot (approximately 25 – 30 minutes on a pedestrian path) or with the horse-drawn carriage, to the Gorge.